Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Look, I'm alive!

Wow, I haven't posted since I finished my book, I think. But I've been around...lurking... Had a birthday two days ago, and for the most part it went ok.

I got my present from my parents early in the form of a new car stereo that was a pain in the ass to install. My dad and I tried on Saturday, and got no sound. I went to bed, he tried again and it was perfect, but he took it out so that I wouldn't mess with it in the dark. So Sunday we tried it again. The radio works great. The box to make the steering wheel controls work right, on the other hand, is a wash. So I have a new radio, but no more use of my steering wheel controls. Whatever, it's fine. I can plug my phone into it and had a much wider array of music, which was the original goal. Of course, that's also the day I got struck with the red death.

On my actual birthday, Tuesday, I got a card from my parents, and it's very cute. My mom and I went to lunch, then bummed around at home. I got through a bunch more on Pokémon White 2, and we went to dinner. So there's this hibachi restaurant on the other end of town that I wanted to go to, so that's where we went. I don;t know what I was expecting when I ordered udon, but a slimy hybrid of pasta and jello wasn't it. I couldn't eat the noodles because they made me gag, and the bits of chicken in top of my udon were nearly inedible because of how dry they were. The beef teriyaki my parents ordered had no flavor. When I finally got the shrimp tempura for my udon, I set it on top of the other stuff so it could get some of the flavor of the broth. When I finally took a bit of one, the underside of the breading was so raw I almost threw up. I had the same reaction to trying the white rice that came with my parents' teriyaki. That was mushy and seemed like it had been cooked wrong. We ended up going to Blimpies on the way home just to have edible food.

Then, Wednesday night, I ended up coming home from work feeling sick as all get out. I think I got food poisoning from Tuesday night. Before I left, my coworkers had little trays of meat and cheese and crackers with blue cupcakes on them for everyone for my birthday. I thought it was very sweet, and packaged mine up to take home with me. I also got one of the vapor cigarettes. Now, I don't smoke, and the two who went in on this for me both know that. I told them that and I did ask why I need a vapor when I don't smoke. They weren't deterred by any of my polite refusals, so the best I could do was tell them what color to get me. I haven't tried it, I don't even know if it's charged to be honest, But I didn't spend my own money on it, so whatever.

Hmm, I think that's all I've got going on recently, and on the upside, I don't feel as sick as I did when I left work, so yay for that.


( 3 comments — Leave a comment )
Jul. 4th, 2014 04:52 am (UTC)
...what a weird gift.

And what a rotten restaurant!

*hugs you*

Glad that the radio works! :) Happy Birthday! (Again)
Jul. 4th, 2014 07:55 am (UTC)
It is, but I kind of like it. I had Kathy show me how to fill it, and it tastes like French vanilla cappuccino.

It was terrible! I should go give a review on it online.


So am I! It's so handy. Thank you~. (Again. ~_^)
Jul. 4th, 2014 11:15 am (UTC)
I'm just saying, French Vanilla Cappuccino does not belong in your lungs.

And yes, you should! Yelp is a good place to leave reviews.

*squishes you*
( 3 comments — Leave a comment )